Monday, July 6, 2009
Update
Recently, well more precisely May 9th, I graduated from the University of Memphis with a BFA in studio art/painting and a minor in Japanese. Yay! Now fast forward today, July 6th, two days after turning 23 (7/4), I'm stuck in the most horrible runt ever. I'm jobless, penniless, and worst of all idea-less. I can not for the life get out of my runt. I have no energy for anything...straight depression and today I feel very sick. Now, I know this is temporary and it's just post-graduation syndrome and I get easily depressed and stress when I don't have a plan or schedule or something to look forward to, I freak out. I'm trying very hard to look at the bright side and think of this as an opportunity to paint and draw and roll around while I actually have the chance to do so. But I wasted the month of June to figure this out. Anyways, while still trying to find a decent job just for income, I'm concentrating on my passion, drawing and painting and craft. But since I don't have the income to support my craft ambitions, I'll will exercise my other interests. So that's what I am currently doing and what's happening as of now. I will try to remember to scan some of my drawings in to share my thinking progress and such. I'm going to use my blogs (this one and my other) to set a schedule for myself to keep up my pace and focus. I visit other artist's blogs and such and see that they post stuff just to have an outlet to focus on. So, I'm going to follow suit. Anyways, like I said i will kick my butt into gear and focus on actually doing something. The other day I was getting aggravated because I NEEDED something constructive to do with my hands, crazy. I didn't know I was like that. So look forward to activity. That's all for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment